Wednesday 30 December 2015

Synopsis of my 2015

As the bus move along Edsa, trying to escape this traffic jam, I’m caught between nostalgia and boredom. My mind started to drift in the year about to end, pondering how it has been. Years easily gone by and there are things in our lives we wish we could change, moments where we find ourselves wishing for more. While my mind continue to reminisce, I realize that life is not something that just happens to anyone. I began to understand that I can design my own life and drives it wherever and whatever I want it to be. I’ve come to embrace that realization and decided to start doing the things that really matters to me, what makes me happy while not forgetting my responsibilities.
looking back in the year about to end, year 2015 has been generous to me. I’ve been given countless opportunities; I was able continue my studies, gain qualifications and recognition's. I gained more friends, acquaintances and I had the chance to work with amazing people. But life is not just about happy moments; it's a roller coaster between happy, sad moments, grief and loss. It’s when I realize that time is the most precious thing on earth and I don’t want to waste every second of it.
When I thought about the time I spent watching TV and doing nothing, I felt a bit of guilt in my wasted time. If I only knew better, I wish I could've done more. So, I started travelling and writing again and I couldn’t contain the feeling of being free. Free from worries, free from the hustle and bustle of the city and finally finding my inner self. When I am at the top of a mountain and seeing the trail where I struggled, fell, slipped and moments where I thought of giving up, I feel like flying --thinking I can do anything. I don't want to forget these experiences which makes me alive, so writing it down is the best possible way I could ever think of.  It is only through writing that I can express my deepest thoughts and feelings, freeing every bit of inhibitions I have and be proud of who I am. Travelling has been an eye-opener for everything that world has to offer. I feel so blessed to be able to see, feel and experienced all this magnificent and wonderful creation.
The world is enormous and there are a lot of things to see, country to visit and experience, etc. I know it's too big for me to dream of seeing the whole world but let's always dream big, anyways it won't cost us anything.  Life is an adventure; it is the surprises along the way what makes it all worthwhile. With another year about to end, this is the first time I feel fulfilled with no regrets for all the decisions I made. I let go all of my worries and expectations thinking that I can only do so much. From then, I was able to focus on what I can do and what I can only give.

There are several motivators that keeps me burning and reminding me to keep moving.
  1. Dreams don’t come true by themselves. I got to do something to get it. Wake up!
  2. No one is entitled to anything. All must be earned.
  3. The world won’t whine if you quit.
  4. Worrying won’t solve your problem. Let it go.
  5. Every second counts.
  6. There is no bad or good life until you started to think so.
  7. it’s all in your mind. Control your thoughts. Create good one.
  8. Life is a gift, enjoy and share it.
My favorite quote for this year:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment